Saturday, June 6, 2009

Progress = patience

So, reviewing my blogs I am reminded that this bathroom project began on Feb. 1st. Now, I say to myself, patience is a virtue. I must say that at my age, I'm a little tired of always being so darn patient. (really, I'm not, just really good at keeping my mouth shut while my mind is ranting and raving!) It recently was my idea to enjoy summer and do the bathroom on rainy days. Meanwhile, the hubs has his 'side' project, which he promised to do only when we had 'down-time'. Weather for today and tomorrow is rain, so into the bathroom we go, right? Well, not until he picked up the long awaited clutch for the 'side' project, go-cart, and installed it!








clutch go cart


After that was accomplished, he came into the house all smiles, "Now, I am all yours! What do you want me to do?" Well, finish prepping the shelf, remove the toilet, and get remainder of tools and supplies from the store. We came so far, yet not one tile has been laid to rest on this day! Tomorrow promises to be much more productive. Many compromises have been reached. After all, home projects, like marriage, are a series of give and take. We realized our limitations, and have decided for the best action for a job well done. Here are today's accomplishments:














no mirror/light fixture, finished prepping shelf, removed toilet


I'm crossing my fingers that tomorrow I will post pictures of much more progress!!!!