Sunday, February 1, 2009

Our Lady of Projects




February 1st, 2009

As anyone who really knows me, knows I'm not happy unless I have a project going on! This one is huge and exciting to finally be starting it!! What is it you ask? The MASTER BATHROOM!!!!!



I've not been very good with taking project pictures in the past, but I think this one will be a great one to document. We came to this room when it was wallpapered with "feel good about yourself" sayings and border of books. It was obvious there were water issues we would need to address. The plumbing has also been very challenging at times. Pipes that sing, faucets work, but not today, maybe tomorrow, good luck filling the tub with water from the spout. Toliet that flushes when it feels like it. We replaced the toilet, no more problems there. Tried our best to get the air out of the water pipes, they rarely sing anymore. Still no water from the spout; that doesn't bother us. Good thing we are shower people and not 'soakers'.Well, there's no time like the present, so let's get going!
Thanks to our dear friend Roxy, who let us finish off her bathroom this past summer, we are fearless and ready!
This first picture shows that the tile has been removed. You can see on the left, soggy water damaged wall as well as along the tub top. On the right you can see where a previous repair had been done. There is mold here folks, so there is no breathing without your mask!
The picture on the right just shows how it stands now, the nasty drywall parts have been removed and disposed of.
Length of time to destroy bathroom to this point: 2 1/2 hours. Probably could have taken less time, but being the person that I am, I needed to save all the 'good' tiles for possible future projects; that took a little longer. I love those no cost projects!!!
This project is happening on a shoestring budget and champagne taste. It may take a while,but will be ssoooo worth the wait when completed! It's a good thing we have two other bathrooms!Wish us luck!!!